There’s nothing worse than getting to the beach and realising you forgot something such as sunscreen or a hat. Before you head to the beach this summer, make sure you have all of these beach bag essentials!
1. Beach bag tote. I’m all for bright and colourful beach bags when hitting the beach and this one ticks all the right boxes. If you’re not one for colour, this one is just as cute and more affordable!
2. Sunglasses. Because is there anything worse than getting to the beach realising you’ve forgotten your sunglasses? Very into these leopard Karen Walker sunglasses. The girl can do no wrong.
3. Tillow. What’s a tillow you might ask? Just the best thing ever, a pillow in a towel, of course. Available from Pitchi, it makes laying down on the sand so much more comfortable but not only that, it has a water resistant pocket and touchscreen for your phone.
4. After sun moisturiser. Bring moisturiser so you can nourish and revitalise your skin at the end of the day. By moisturizing sooner rather than later you’ll also be able help to extend the life of your tan.
5. Beach hat. As much as I used to absolutely despise wearing any kind of hat when I was younger, I’ve really grown to love them! Plus, they hide the fact you’re not wearing makeup and any kind of bad hair day.
6. Lip balm. The sun dehydrates your lips so along with drinking plenty of water, it’s always a good idea to bring along some hydrating lip balm. I always opt for paw paw ointment because it helps heal burns too.
7. Water bottle. Keeping up with your daily water intake can be hard while you’re at the beach, but it’s imperative. This memo bottle from Pitchi is reusable, slim and BPA free. It will also be featured in the Oscars gift bag this year!
8. Waterproof phone case. This waterproof case has touch-screen functionality, a secure lock and it’s universally sized to fit almost all smartphones. Now you don’t have to freak out about taking photos near the water and instagram/snapchat/facebook/tweet until your hearts content.
9. Travel pouch. It’s much easier and convenient to use a travel pouch to store all your beauty products, money, phone and keys in the one place.
10. Sunscreen. Sun exposure leads to premature skin aging, wrinkles, skin damage, and skin cancer so there’s really no reason you shouldn’t be covered head to toe in sunscreen. If you’re from Australia, I’m sure you’ll know how harsh our UV rays can be (literally though, I never burn anywhere else). Fun fact: did you know that 80% of skin cancer is found in the nose?
11. Hand sanitizer. Chances are there wont be any taps nearby so it’s best to bring along some hand sanitizer before eating or drinking.
12. Facial wipes. Always handy to have them with you whether you need to remove running makeup, sand or feel a little more refreshed! I love these Swisspers Natural Aloe wipes.
13. Portable charger. You probably wont be finding any outlets at the beach and if you’re there all day, you might want to consider packing a portable charger.
14. Reading material. I’m not someone who can just do nothing for hours, so I always like to bring along something to distract myself. The beach is the best place to zone out and catch up on your favourite book or magazine.
15. Leave-in conditioner. A beach girl’s secret weapon. The UV rays and chlorinated and salt water leave hair extremely dry so make sure to apply a leave-in conditioner prior to hitting the beach and I swear it will transform the life of your hair. I like Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Leave-In Nourishing Milk because it’s a spray, so it’s easy to distribute and it smells like summer in a bottle.
What are some of your beach bag essentials?
This post was in collaboration with Pitchi. Read our disclaimer for more info.