Do you have any favorite Christmas morning breakfast recipes? or a tradition? We don’t, but I’d love to start one. Christmas morning is the one morning (besides Easter and Birthdays, obviously) that it’s perfectly fine to over-indulge in sweets and sugar. It’s my favourite meal of the day. If you’re in need of some ideas for what to make Christmas morning, here’s a few you might like.
1. Eggnog Pancakes: There’s nothing more festive than a stack of warm, soft and fluffy eggnog pancakes. I made these last year and they’re still one of my favourite Christmas morning breakfast recipes.
2. Lemon Sugar Crepes with Whipped Cream Cheese: These crepes are pretty special. They’re filled with whipped cream cheese and topped with lemon, sugar and honey (also amazing substituted for golden syrup).
3. French Toast Bake: A simple and delicious way to upgrade French toast and create a serving for the whole family. I can guarantee you it’ll be a hit.
4. Gingerbread French Toast Breakfast Bake: The warming spices provide so much rich, wintery, cozy flavors, and in conjunction with the dark molasses, it’s some seriously flavorful French toast.
5. Apple Cider Donuts: Wake up to warm donuts with a homemade apple sauce and then dipped in cinnamon sugar. Get cosy and enjoy them with a hot toddy by the fire. It doesn’t get much better.
6. Strawberry Nutella Crepes: Crepes are usually classified as a dessert, unless it’s Christmas morning of course. If you’re a nutella lover, then look no further. They’re so simple that everyone can put together their own. How fun!
7. Baked Blueberry French Toast: Can you tell I’ve got a thing for French toast yet? I just think it’s one of the most delicious and simple Christmas morning breakfast recipes! The smell of custard, crispy edges and bursting blueberry will be wafting through your house…
8. Slow Cooker Cinnamon Rolls: Don’t be fooled, these cinnamon rolls are a lot easier to make than you think! Extremely delicious and they’ll have your house smelling like Christmas. You really can’t go wrong here.
9. Pull-Apart Brioche Cinnamon Roll Bread: Pull apart bread is my favourite kind of bread. And you’ll never outgrow a good cinnamon roll. This recipe just screams Christmas and there’s nothing like starting your day with a sugar buzz.
10. Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake: The subtle hint of citrus brings out the berry flavor we all love during this time of year, and the crumble topping is the perfect complement to the moist cake. I’m all about that streusel.
11. Eggnog French Toast Casserole: Think bread soaked in eggnog and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. You can make this ahead of time and just pop it in the oven in the morning. Super easy to keep your morning as stress-free as possible.
12. Gingerbread Pancakes: Fluffy gingerbread pancakes with cinnamon maple syrup! They’ll make your house smell like heaven. Holiday pancake heaven.
13. Breakfast Pizza: Pulling away from sugar for a second, this breakfast pizza is also an all-time favourite. Kale pesto. Sun dried tomatoes. Cheese. And then you get to crack a few eggs on top. Exciting stuff. Plus there’s kale in there which makes it all kinda healthy, right?
14. Secret Fruit Salad: The hidden ingredient in this juicy, berry-jammed fruit salad? Dry, instant vanilla pudding mix. Just sprinkle it over the fruit and stir for an extra flavor punch. Who would’ve thought?
15. Gingerbread Waffles: Crisp, spicy Gingerbread Waffles made with ginger, cinnamon, and molasses. These would be a perfect Christmas morning tradition whilst you’re sipping on hot coffee or chocolate.
16. Breakfast Tacos: Soft tortillas stuffed with homemade refried beans, eggs, green chilies, tomatoes, cheese and diced avocados. Simple, but incredibly delicious!
17. White Chocolate Gingerbread Crescent Rolls: They are gooey, sweet, flaky, and a little crunchy….and they couldn’t be easier to make! Use candy sprinkles in red and green for a festive touch.
18. Eggnog Coffee Cake Muffins: These beautiful muffins have streusel on top AND in the middle. They also get a double dose of eggnog: in the muffin batter and as a glaze.
19. Cheesy Sausage Pull-Apart Breakfast Bake: Ideal for a family gathering. It’s made with breakfast sausage, refrigerated biscuits, cheese and more cheese. Topped off with homemade garlic butter. Pull off a bite or two so you wont your lunch (if you can stop).
20. Monkey Bread Cinnamon Rolls: Monkey bread is a sweet, sticky, gooey pastry made from little balls of dough rolled in cinnamon sugar and baked together in a bundt pan. Basically a giant cinnamon roll. Heavy on the cinnamon sugar and sweet vanilla glaze.
And there you have it! 20 Christmas morning breakfast recipes. What’s your favourite?