I can’t be the only one that has a slight holiday candle obsession? Just the thought of Christmas scents makes me feel all warm inside. I’m on sweet-spicy-pumpkin-anything candle kick right now, but here’s sixteen I’m loving for the season.
Warm & Spicy
1. Diptyque “Liquidambar” ($70) – Inspired by the red autumnal tree, comes this comforting fragranced candle. Infuse any space with the scent of warming liquid amber, the spice of nutmeg and cinnamon and the sweetness of brown sugar.
2. Thomas Kay “Mission Chai Joya” ($59.50) – Like sipping a steaming mug of Chai tea wrapped in blankets, and what’s more, the candle comes in a mini blanket of it’s own. Too adorable.
3. Jo Malone “Roasted Chestnut” ($255) – The MOST luxurious candle evoking a fragrance of chestnuts roasting on a crackling fire. Seasoned with nutmeg, cinnamon and clove, sweetened with soft caramel. If this doesn’t warm your soul, I don’t know what will.
4. Candle Library “Spiced Pumpkin” ($35) – A sophisticated take on pumpkin, creamy butter and brown sugar, with a healthy dose of toasted spices: cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s kind of like taking pumpkin pie out of the oven.
Wood & Smokey
5. Thymes “Fraser Fir” ($27) – This is what you call the perfect festive candle. It will fill your space with a crisp, just-cut forest fragrance (with a hint of cracking fireplace) and create a warm, homey feeling.
6. Diptyque “Feu de Bois” ($60) – One of my personal favourites with a blend that evokes a beautifully fragrant crackling fire with just a hint of sweetness. Diptyque can really do no wrong.
7. Baxter of California/Unionmade “KML” ($35) – It’s like setting up a campfire in your home with a comforting odor of burning wood and crackling embers. It’s essentially a mix of sandlewood, guiacwood oil and a base of classically masculine musk.
8. Meow Meow Tweet “Cedar Fir” ($36) – A warm and woody scent comprising of cedar and pine needles. This will turn your home into a cosy wooden lodge.
9. Yankee “Christmas Cookie” ($22) – Think rich butter, vanilla scented festive sugar cookies right out of the oven. Some may find this a little too rich but I love the sweet smell of cookies!
10. Tocca “Meribel” ($35) – A soothing vanilla and fig scent that encompasses the ambiance of snow covered mountaintops. Tocca candles are among my favourites and the packaging makes it perfect to gift.
11. Bath and Body Works “Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin” ($24.50) – This classic scent blends spicy pumpkin puree with sweet butter & vanilla cream. I have a slight obsession with this one.
12. Glasshouse Fragrances “Xmas Pudding” ($44.95) – A deliciously scented sticky date pudding candle. If you’re not into super sweet candles this might be for you. I find it falls more towards the spicy side with cinnamon and nutmeg being quite prevalent over the brown sugar and maple syrup fragrance.
13. Jo Malone “Pomegranate Noir” ($95) – A beautiful blend of pomegranate, raspberry, frankincense and patchouli. A little on the pricier side, but Jo Malone is luxury.
14. Illume “Noble Currant” ($36) – A fruity and floral candle that encompasses a range of holiday scents, but mostly reminiscent of mulled wine.
15. Glasshouse Fragrances “White Christmas” ($44.95) – A combination of cedar leaf, fruity clove, eucalyptus and pine to add a cold climate feel to festive celebrations. It’s quite strong but not too overwhelming with a hint of Winter spice.
16. Yankee Candle “Christmas Eve” ($27) – A sweet and warm fragrance of sugared plums and candied fruits. It’s toned toned a little with subtle hints of cinnamon for that festive balance of berry and spice.
What’s your favourite holiday scent?