If you’ve been to Bali before, it’s more than likely you wont need any convincing to go back. Right from the moment you land, you’ll notice Bali is like another world, and the more you explore the island, the more you’ll fall in love. Whether it be the people, the spirituality, the picturesque scenery or exotic weather – it has an atmosphere that will reinvigorate you.
1. Bali is home to the friendliest and most heart-warming people in the world.
2. You will always be greeted with a smile, and locals will go out of their way for you.
3. Because you can adventure through lush tropical rainforests – by foot, ATV, bike or elephant.
4. The Tegallalang Rice Terraces in Ubud.
5. Because you can take a day trip to other surrounding islands like Lombok, or the Gili Islands.
6. Watching the sunset at Rock bar. Actually, any time of day at Rock bar.
7. Quad biking (with absolutely no safety or instructions). Happy we survived that one.
8. Pink sunsets.
9. The monkey forest in Ubud (with over 7,000 monkeys!).
10. Fresh fruit markets.
11. Indonesian food. Fun fact: If you didn’t eat a serving of rice with your meal, to the Balinese, you haven’t eaten.
12. Lemon bintags.
13. Seafood platters on the beach at Jimbaran.
14. Waterbom theme park.
15. Because there’s an abandoned plane chilling in someones backyard, and no one knows how or why it’s there.
16. Coffee farms tucked in the rainforest.
17. Beach clubs.
18. Infinity pools. Especially this one at Munduk Moding Plantation.
19. There’s over 20,000 temples on the island.
20. Because watching the sunrise from Mount Batur is worth the 4am wake up.
21. Nalu smoothie bowls.
22. Single Fin in Uluwatu.
23. The Sekumpul waterfalls.
24. The tranquility in Ubud (Note: Eat, Pray, Love).
25. Palm trees.
26. Yoga and meditation retreats.
27. Handmade jewelry from the markets (real silver rings for $5? Um yes!).
28. Because it’s Summer all year round.
29. This quote from my taxi driver: “No matter how broken, things can always be fixed. There’s no need to throw anything away.”
30. Cocktails. All day, every day.
31. Colourful, culture-rich festivals and ceremonies.
32. Because you have the option to stay in a treehouse.
33. Or somewhere completely surrounded by water.
34. The hanging gardens in Ubud.
35. Luwak Kopi coffee. I dare you to give it a try.
36. Discovering hidden beaches.
37. Cliff jumping at Aling Aling.
38. Horse riding on the beach during sunset.
39. Sacred caves.
40. Because animals are treated respectfully.
41. Fresh coconut straight off the tree.
42. The natural swimming pool at Nusa Penida.
43. Because Bali will make you feel alive, at home and at peace – all at the same time.
Over to you! What’s your favourite thing about Bali?
PIN IT ↓