You guys know when it gets to about 3pm, and it’s like, you have this lapse of self control and want to ravage through the fridge?
Well I’ve found just the thing. No-bake (my fave), vegan protein energy bites. I’m kind of in love.
This is literally the easiest recipe to whip together, it’s free from refined sugars and it’s more likely than not you’ll have all the ingredients sitting in your kitchen.
I don’t really go by measurements, but this will make you roughly around 4-5.
– 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
– 2 tbsp peanut butter (helps to put in microwave & melt first)
– 1 tbsp rice malt syrup (alternatively agave, maple or honey)
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 1/4 cup almond or flaxseed meal
– 1-2 tbsp protein powder (pref vanilla)
– Dark chocolate chips/vegan chocolate chips
Tip: you can add more protein powder instead of using almond/flaxseed meal.
Throw all the ingredients together, if you feel like you need more liquids add more sweetener or peanut butter. Wet your hands and then roll the mixture into balls. Freeze for about 15 minutes.
Enjoy with a cup of tea for the perfect afternoon treat! x