Some of you may know that over the weekend I turned the big old 2-1, even though I still feel about 18 at heart. I’m not sure if the thought of being in my twenties will ever sit easy with me, but I have come to accept that there’s no point in wasting any more time stressing over something that no one can change. Here’s some lessons I’ve learned along the years…
1. You do not have to love yourself to be loved.
2. Sometimes you just need a mental health day.
3. Going to University doesn’t guarantee you a better life or job.
4. You’re not supposed to have it all figured out yet.
5. Applying eyelashes with fake nails is really difficult.
6. Don’t give up just because you had a bad day.
7. Not everyone will do what you do for them because not everyone has the same heart as you.
8. You cant out-exercise a bad diet.
9. If you don’t create your own world, you will die in others.
10. Never allow anyone to make you feel bad about the things you love.
11. Hangover anxiety sucks. A lot.
12. Don’t be scared of being different, be scared of being the same as everyone else.
13. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never have enough.
14. Don’t expect anything to come to you, you’ve got to go out and get it.
15. Never lower your standards for boys, clothes or coffee.
16. Laughter will always be the best medicine.
17. Don’t ever put your happiness in someone else’s hands.
18. Always remain grateful.
19. Don’t lose yourself because you found somebody.
20. Anything that gets your blood racing is worth doing.
21. Growing older is mandatory, growing up is an option.