No flour, sugar and only 5 ingredients? Believe it or not, but this recipe works. Does anybody else have a serious weakness for freshly baked chocolate chip cookies? Since cutting back my sugar intake, I’ve sadly had to cut them out of my diet, or save them for special occasions. As usual, I went looking around for a guilt free alternative.
Although these may not taste exactly like a chocolate chip cookie, they are still delicious and satisfying enough to survive that 3pm sugar binge.
Banana, Oatmeal & Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes around 15 cookies | Recipe from Fuss Free Cooking
2 ripe bananas
110g/ 4 ounces rolled oats
80g/ 3 ounces chocolate chips
55ml/ 2 fl ounces flavourless oil i.e. canola, vegetable
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl with fork. Then add chocolate chips, rolled oats, vanilla extract and oil. Mix with a fork until it’s well combined. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow rolled oats to soften and mixture to become thicker.
3. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto baking tray. Flatten the cookie dough down as the mixture doesn’t expand much.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown. Be careful as the cookies are very soft when removed from the oven.
5. Cool on tray and let cookies harden a bit.
Serve and enjoy!