I’m very familiar with the concept of mug cakes, but I honestly never thought it was possible to get this kind of result from a few ingredients in a microwave.
I’m impatient and sort of a disaster in the kitchen so basic recipes are naturally my go-to. It also saves me from whipping up a whole batch of cupcakes and leaving the kitchen like a bomb just hit it, just to satisfy my sweet tooth.
I’ve had my fair share of mug cakes, and majority of the time they come out dry and sponge like. But this one is different. This tastes just like a fluffy, vanilla cupcake and you’ll probably have to stop yourself from making more than one mug.
(P.s. a side of caramel takes it to a whole other level.)
Fluffy Vanilla Mug Cake
Recipe via Table For Two
¼ cup + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
¼ tsp. baking powder
⅛ tsp. salt
¼ cup + 2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
½ tbsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
2. In a measuring cup, whisk together milk, vanilla bean paste, and vanilla extract.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then pour the milk mixture into the center, followed by the melted butter.
4. Whisk until no lumps remain and batter is smooth and well combined.5
5. Pour into a 16-ounce microwave-safe mug.
6. Microwave on high for 130 seconds or 2 minutes and 10 seconds.
Carefully remove and enjoy!