Let’s all just take a moment to appreciate this: Chocolate chip cookie dough, that is edible, and guilt free. And it tastes almost exactly like your standard cookie dough. The best part? It’s made with only 6 (yes, six) ingredients that you’ll most likely have sitting around your kitchen.
Raw cookie dough is one of my favourite guilty pleasures – but now it doesn’t have to be anymore. This raw vegan recipe is edible, egg-free and tastes practically like the real thing. You can even get more creative and pour some melted chocolate or salted caramel over them for something extra. They also work amazingly with vanilla ice-cream.
|VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BITES
Yield: 15-17 bites · Recipe from Eat Drink Love
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2/3 cup oats
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or vegan chocolate substitute
- Add the cashews and oats to a food processor. Chop until the mixture is a fine powder. Add in the agave nectar, vanilla extract, and the coconut oil. Blend/pulse until well-combined. Be careful not to overmix or cashews (you don’t want to end up with cashew butter). Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form into 1- 1 1/2″ inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and chill for about 2 hours or longer and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Serving size: 1 bite; Calories: 87.3; Fat: 5.3g; Carbs: 9.5g; Sugars: 2.6g